will dl continue from where paused if close Mega page

Guest Mahdrek

Guest Mahdrek

noob question
i only seem to have 4gb dl limit in a period of time
my dl isnt complete so it is paused
if i close this site and open it later ( have to wait 4 hours for more dl space) will it continue from where i left off?

thanks

• Contributors
3 hours ago, Mahdrek said:

thanks man, i use chrome. seems to be 50 50 chance, i might leave it open

I strongly suggest that you use a download manager like JDownloader2 (download the Adware-Free/Clean version). It supports resuming MEGA downloads and will auto-start the downloading after the time limit.

Guest Mahdrek
52 minutes ago, SirKenros said:

I strongly suggest that you use a download manager like JDownloader2 (download the Adware-Free/Clean version). It supports resuming MEGA downloads and will auto-start the downloading after the time limit.

wow thank you 🙂

I just wish JDownloader could grab files larger than 5 GB. They will show 'Skipped - Account is missing' most of the time (sometimes works, don't know why) because JDownloader tries to download the complete file. The browser will download only small pieces and will wait if the limit is exceeded.

BTT. I found that Chrome sometimes will resume the download if I close it. Personal anecdotes: I feel it will be more likely to work if the Browser's filesystem storage (not sure if name correct) is empty. If I want to resume a download, I will just delete everything from mega.nz that is stored locally. Also, I will occasionally delete everything from any website. I have a dedicated profile for downloading stuff from mega, so this is easy. It still sometimes will not resume the download.

If JDownloader can download the file, use it. If it's too big, better keep the browser open.

• Contributors
1 hour ago, KnowsDaWae said:

I just wish JDownloader could grab files larger than 5 GB. They will show 'Skipped - Account is missing' most of the time (sometimes works, don't know why) because JDownloader tries to download the complete file. The browser will download only small pieces and will wait if the limit is exceeded.

I have been fortunate enough to never have run into the stated issue with files larger than 5 GB whilst using JDownloader, even without using an account.

• Confused 1
On 5/6/2020 at 1:31 PM, SirKenros said:

how does jdownloader compare to megadownloader

• Contributors
1 hour ago, OiledSquid said:

how does jdownloader compare to megadownloader

I have never used MegaDownloader since it doesn't offer any features that I want to use that JDownloader doesn't. Therefore, I cannot provide an answer but someone else might =).