Rule idea (site wide)

Guest BroadwayTheevil

Guest BroadwayTheevil

The rules should probably clarify about having multiple accounts and use of VPN's (virtual private networks).

I believe VPN's should be allowed since it protects everyone's privacy (the users are protected knowing that their ip address here isn't their actual ip address, and the admins are protected knowing that if the site gets shut down by the feds or similar then they can't go after anyone who uses a vpn if it doesn't log anything).

• Administrators

@BroadwayTheevil Hi, the rules states that you are only allowed to have one account. We are not against the use of VPN's and it's not written anywhere that you are not allowed to use them. We do however want the one account per user rule to be respected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 9/11/2019 at 2:38 AM, Baxzors said:

@BroadwayTheevil Hi, the rules states that you are only allowed to have one account. We are not against the use of VPN's and it's not written anywhere that you are not allowed to use them. We do however want the one account per user rule to be respected.

I don't really think that answers the main point. It would be widely assumed that proxies and VPNs are disallowed and there is a risk of being banned if you detect someone else using the same IP address and I agree that better clarification should be made